Nutrition Consultant - Stacy Roy, MS, CNE, BCHN
Hi, I’m Stacy Roy. I am a Clinical Nutritionist, Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®, and Women’s Health Educator based in San Francisco, CA. I am available for phone and virtual consultations throughout the United States.
I specialize in digestive wellness including IBS, SIBO, GERD, food sensitivities, and gut dysbiosis and women’s health challenges such as endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids, and hormone balancing.
Like many of us in the nutrition field, I have had my own health struggles, including being diagnosed with IBS and endometriosis. With nutrition and lifestyle changes, I have found healing from these conditions. This spurred my passion for holistic approaches to health and wellness.
After graduating from San Francisco State University with a Bachelor of Science in Health Education/Women’s Health, I earned my credentials as a Certified Nutrition Educator from Bauman College. I then had the privilege of working at the Shanti Project, one of San Francisco’s oldest caregiving nonprofits for people with cancer and HIV/AIDS.
It was during my seven years at Shanti, I discovered my passion for supporting people in making important and, sometimes, life-saving health enhancements through nutrition. In anticipation of starting my own nutrition counseling practice, I left Shanti to earn my Masters in Clinical Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport. This program focused on nutrition from a functional medicine paradigm and provided clinically effective and evidence-based strategies for me to put into practice.
I am a member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals and became Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® in 2015.
Additionally, I am a Certified Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Coach, Revitalize™ Digestion Practitioner, and working on becoming a Women’s Health Coach through the Integrative Women’s Health Institute. I have extensive experience and training in working with individuals who follow Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS), SIBO Bi-Phasic, Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), Low-FODMAP, Autoimmune Protocol (AIP), Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF), and Paleo diets.
In total, I have been providing tailored nutrition counseling, nutrition seminars, and food preparation classes for twenty years. I am thrilled to be able to combine my life-long love of food and nutrition with my passion for enhancing people’s health through nutritional changes.
I spend as much of my spare time as possible with my wonderful husband, our sweet daughter, and incredibly spoiled cat and dog. We enjoy family picnics, cooking together, and spending time at the beach.
Stacy Roy Nutrition is founded on the following values:
- Respecting bio-individuality. Everyone has a unique chemical makeup and there is no one-size-fits-all diet. Your nutritional plan will be tailored for your specific needs and lifestyle.
- A non-judgmental approach, acknowledging that our modern lives are fraught with challenges to following healthy nutrition on a daily basis.
- A collaborative, team approach where together we create and implement the best health and nutrition plans for you.
- Recognizing that nutrition is not just about dwelling on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins or creating numerous lists of restrictions.
- The stereotypical quick fixes rarely, if ever, work, but there are many simple changes which can produce meaningful results in the long run.