- 2 cups of organic green cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups of filtered or distilled water (be sure the water has no chlorine by boiling for 30 minutes or leaving it out for 24 hours)
- 2 teaspoons of mineral salt
- Fill the blender with chopped cabbage and add the water and salt
- Blend until mostly pureed
- Pour blended mixture into a quart glass jar making sure it is at least 1 inch from the top for expansion
- Cover the jar securely with the lid
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for 3 days (around 72º F)
- After 3 days, shake the jar to blend, and then start drinking!
- You can now keep your juice in the refrigerator
- You can start a new batch by using the same procedure but adding ½ cup of the previous batch of fermented juice to the recipe from above
- The second batch will only have to stand at room temperature for 24 hours (around 72º F) before being ready
Dosing will be different for everyone, but I suggest starting with a low amount and increasing it slowly. Most people can start with 1/2 cup of the fermented cabbage juice, and then increase by another 1/2 cup every few days. If you are very sensitive, try 1 tsp for the first dose and see how you react.
If the taste is too strong for you, you can dilute the juice in some water. If you experience uncomfortable side effects, you can take activated charcoal (make sure to take this two hours away from medications and other supplements).